Monday, September 23, 2013

Solar System

Hey everyone!

Wanted to take some time to share about our solar system unit we just wrapped up last Friday. Me and my fellow Sassy Sista did this one partially together to mix it up a little. I purchased Solar System Flip Book by Lesson Plan SOS and created a slide show to use along with the note taking mini booklet. They each had to write down 4 things about each planet (This took about two days). I sometimes forget that it takes them a while to catch up to my expectations for note taking! After they finished taking notes, they were able to color in the planets. On the third day, I gave them a packet with a picture of each planet, the fact strips, planet name strips and the cover/title page. They spent about one hour of the third day coloring in the planets (some took longer), but I made an example as well as had them use their mini books to reduce the number of questions about the colors. :) The fourth day they had to finish coloring and write down one important fact about each of the planets. Than... cut, glue, voila! OH ALMOST FORGOT.... I folded and taped 4 legal sized construction papers together to give to one student. (This is definitely not something you want to put off to last minute!)




No comments:

Post a Comment