Monday, September 23, 2013

Learning Types of Sentences with Pigeon books!




Today we talked about the different types of sentences! I found this great pack on TPT by Anita Goodwin at http://ilive2learnilove2grow.blogspot.com/ 

My kids love the Pigeon books by Mo Willems! It doesn’t matter if they already heard the story before they bust out laughing every time! Today we read The Pigeon wants a puppy! My kids were laughing so hard that they started to cry! Before we read the book we talked about the different types of sentences and put them onto a chart paper. Throughout the book I would stop and ask them what kind of sentence this is. They had so much fun shouting out the answers.

After we read the book we did the sentence sort from the TPT pack. They had so much fun challenging themselves with the command and the statement. Command and statement was tricky for some of my kiddos but they got the hang of it when I asked them if someone was just stating something or was it someone telling them to do something.

My kids really enjoyed this lesson!



No comments:

Post a Comment